expelled into space. By the video's end, the planet is completely engulfed and falls into the star's center, causing the star's outer atmosphere to briefly expand, heat up, and brighten. One day, about eight billion years from now, planet Earth may spiral into our Sun.
NASA Web Site Statements, Warnings, and Disclaimers
NASA Official: Jay Norris. Specific rights apply.
A service of: LHEA at NASA / GSFC
& Michigan Tech. U.
Based on Astronomy Picture Of the Day
Publications with keywords: extrasolar planet
Publications with words: extrasolar planet
- APOD: 2023 September 20 Á Methane Discovered on Distant Exoplanet
- APOD: 2023 February 1 Á The Seventh World of Trappist 1
- APOD: 2023 January 24 Á LHS 475 b: Earth Sized Exoplanet
- 50 Light years to 51 Pegasi
- PDS 70: Disk, Planets, and Moons
- APOD: 2020 August 18 Á TYC 8998 760 1: Multiple Planets around a Sun Like Star
- The Kepler 90 Planetary System