Received: 17.12.2012; accepted: 27.12.2012
(E-mail for contact: email@example.com)
1. CSS_J094857.3+173141, 2MASS J09485729+1731422; J–K = 0.301 (2MASS).
2. CSS_J100134.9+252959, 2MASS J10013488+2529596; J–K = 0.261 (2MASS).
3. CSS_J102241.6+225310, 2MASS J10224166+2253105; J–K = 0.433 (2MASS).
4. CSS_J143639.8+121032, 2MASS J14363980+1210326; J–K = 0.254 (2MASS). Part of the visual triple star STF 1861 (ADS 9322, CCDM J14367+1210, WDS J14367+1210).
5. CSS_J152430.2+201429, 2MASS J15243018+2014294; J–K = 0.038 (2MASS).
Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) blue horizontal branch star candidates from the catalogue "Photometric identification of blue horizontal branch stars" (Smith et al. 2010) were checked against data from the Catalina Surveys Data Realase 1 (Drake et al. 2009), which resulted in the discovery of five new RR Lyrae stars.
Each object was checked against the Strasbourg CDS Vizier service and the International Variable Star Index for pre-existence in variability catalogues. Period analyses were done using Period04 (Lenz and Breger 2005) and the Lafler-Kinman method (Lafler and Kinman 1965). Astrometric positions were derived from the UCAC4 catalog (Zacharias et al. 2012).
Acknowledgements: This paper utilizes catalogue data served by the VizieR service of the CDS, Strasbourg, and data from the Catalina Sky Survey. The Catalina Sky Survey is funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration under Grant No. NNG05GF22G issued through the Science Mission Directorate Near-Earth Objects Observations Program. The CRTS survey is supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation under grants AST-0909182.
Drake, A.J., Djorgovski, S.G., Mahabal, A., et al., 2009, Astrophys. J., 696, 870
Lafler, J., Kinman, T. D., 1965, Astrophys. J. Suppl. Ser., 11, 216
Lenz, P., Breger, M., 2005, Comm. in Asteroseismology, 146, 53
Smith, K.W., Bailer-Jones, C.A.L., Klement, R.J., Xue, X.X., 2010, Astron. Astrophys., 522, A88
Zacharias, N., Finch, C.T., Girard, T.M., et al., 2012, UCAC4 Catalogue, VizieR On-line Data Catalog, I/322